Thursday, September 1, 2011
The lady I babysat for no longer needed me and let me go, right after we got a HUGE bill from Weber saying my tuition had been sent back.. still am not sure what happened there?
We went to Vegas again for a week.. It was a nice, much needed break. We got Sums little ears pierced there.. she loves them & they look so cute on her.
We found out my mother-in-law has breast cancer. She's doing well.. but I think it has shook us all up pretty good.
I went on our girls trip to St. George. We saw The Little Mermaid.. so good.
We have been potty training. What a nightmare. Summer is good now, but boy, it was a rocky road getting there.
Thanks to my parents I was able to take a phlebotomy class and got my certificate.. I got the #2 best exam score in my class. (Sorry, just had to brag a little!)
Because of a lot of prayers, a few days later I got a call from a plasma center and they wanted me to work for them. Wheww..
Anyways, hopefully life will slow down a little now that Summer has come to an end. I hope your Summer was good!
Friday, July 8, 2011
We had so much fun at my sisters wedding. It was so amazing to have our family and closest friends all together. All my parents (and Jordans, of course!) hard work paid off, it was so beautiful. Our favorite place was the dance floor.. especially for Summer! Sum loved watching everyone dance and then try to dance how everyone else was dancing.. like the macarena! Haha It was too dang cute! The bouquet she is holding is the one Shelby threw. My cute little friend Allie caught it & gave it to Sum.. Sum held it and took care of it all night long.. seriously, she loved it. Allie is the cute girl dancing with Sum in this video. Here is a little clip of Summer dancing.. sorry, the first couple seconds of it I was holding the camera the wrong way! Oops!
Thursday, June 16, 2011
BUT. I missed Scott & Sum more than I have ever missed them in my entire life. I was totally fine until the end of the week came & I then got way too home sick for my own good.
As I pulled up, I ran through the door and leaped up the stairs to give my baby girl a big kiss and hug. I'm pretty sure nothing has gotten me out of a car door faster. Geeze, there really is nothing better than being a mom & having an amazing husband.
OK.. so here's my "Tankful" story. (yes, tankful, not tHankful.) Sum won't pray with us.. EVER! She won't fold her arms. And when we tell her that we're about to say prayers she will run circles around us and yell at the top of her lungs.. haha typical Summer, right?
ANYWAYS, that night as we knelt down to say family prayer. Scott asked me to say it and as I started saying it Sum folded her arms and started praying. She said "Foter, I tankful for toys, I tankful for my pretty dress and I tankful for house!" I turned to Scott when she was done and said "SCOTT! Oh my gosh, did you just hear that?! I can't believe she just did that! I am so happy!" He turned to me and just said "I know, I taught her while you were gone!"
Scott was able to talk to our baby and teach her to pray, finally it's gotten through to her. Watching and listening to my little sweetie say one of her first prayers has been probably one of my most proud and memorable moments in my life. She listened to her daddy and knew that he was telling her something important. I'm almost in tears as I write this, but family is just so important and I don't know what I would do without mine. I feel that Heavenly Father knew just what we needed in our lives, so he sent us Summer. He knew, He knew that children would make us complete and make us so incredibly happy. Summer brings more joy into our lives than anything in the whole world. I have such an incredible testimony of the family & I'm so greatful for my church for teaching me about it at such an early age. I am about to post this blog post on FB so I don't know who's going ro read this post. But to all my friends that are not LDS, and LDS friends that haven't read it in a long time, that are reading this you can read our Family Proclamation here.
Wednesday, June 1, 2011
2. I tried to make my blog private, I'm not quite sure if it worked or not. If not, oh freaking well. I don't really care anymore. It's too much hassel.
3. I can't believe how good Sum is talking these days. She's putting together sentences and hardly ever gets frusterated anymore because I can't tell what she's saying. She's getting so big! Oh she's opening doors now too. Yep, had to go buy those annoying child door locks. I swear it takes me 10 seconds longer to open the door now.. oh well, I guess they're doing their job!
4. One of my very best friends from high school is out here staying with my family for the Summer. It is so much fun to be with old friends again.
Tuesday, May 17, 2011
Ok everyone. Before I make my blog private I want to know if it's actually worth it to keep this blog up. I hardley get any comments on my posts, which makes me wonder if anyone actually looks at this blog. SO, if you want to keep reading my family blog, please post a comment on here if you read my blog and keep up with it. If there are no/hardley any comments on this post I will most likely delete my blog.. no sense of wasting time with it!
Sunday, May 8, 2011
Wednesday, May 4, 2011
Monday, April 25, 2011
Ohhh, how I love my baby. Look at that cute face! Honestly, she's the cutest little person in this whole planet.
I love Easter, I love going to church on easter, spending time with family, Easter egg hunts, Easter dresses & Easter baskets. But, I love my Savior more, so much more than all this stuff put together times 100. I am so grateful for the atonement & that Jesus suffered for my sins. No matter what I go through, I know that he has been there and knows exactly what I'm going through. I love my Savior and and I am so grateful for our faith.
Thursday, April 14, 2011
Wednesday, April 6, 2011
Thursday, March 24, 2011
1. The memories.
2. Remembering the precious time spent with family.
3. Being able to go eat at The Sweet Tooth Fairy!
Those are my favorite reasons. Especially #1 & 2.
I have been thinking the past couple days about all the fun we had and the memories we made. I had a real problem on the ship the first 2 days. Summer was SO DIFFICULT. She was always tired, unhappy unless she was doing what she wanted to do and running laps around the ship. I was stressed.. SERIOUSLY STRESSED. I thought she was going to run right off the ship or that we were going to get kicked out of the dining room or that she was going to run right into some strangers arms in Cabo and I'd never see her again. I realize that she was out of her zone and super tired from the trip.. and my family was a super big help with her. But still..
Wednesday, March 23, 2011
Wednesday, March 9, 2011
Thursday, March 3, 2011
1. Four Places I Go:
2. Four Favorite Smells:
-Summer after a bath
-Muffins in the oven
-Carmelized Pear candle
3. Four Favorite Movies/Shows
-Off the Map
4. Four Recommendations:
- Don't pray for patience
- Always be working on a book
- Have "ME" time every day (mine is at the gym or in a book)
- Don't complain, it just gets everyone down and is plain annoying!
Saturday, February 26, 2011
5. She loves to read books.
14. When we're watching sports games she will yell at the TV "Go! Go! Go!" while shaking her fist in the air.
15. She has had one too many falls, so Summer is constantly afraid of falling. She can hardly sit in a chair without saying she's going to fall. : (
16. Summer loves bubbles.. she is bubble crazy.
17. She still loves her pretties. (Jewelrey)
18. Summer is a mommys girl. (Which I love)
19. She loves to play with her cousin Kamryn.
20. When she wants something Summer will tilt her head to the side, smile real big and say "pleaseeee" in the sweetest voice ever. She knows how to work it.
21. Summer loves to have her hair done. Shes such a girl. : )
We love our baby Summer and are so blessed to have her in our lives. Love you sweetie!