Thursday, September 16, 2010

"The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo"



My awesome dad reccomended this book to me and let me just say..... Ohhhh my goodnesssss! This is the best book I think I have ever read!!! It was so amazing. The plot was exciting and the end leaves a pretty fun cliffhanger.
I am so not exaggerating when I say I'm giving this book a:
9.8 out of 10!
It's a good thing there are 2 others in the series. I don't think I can wait for my holds at the library.. I might have to make a stop at Target!
This book is written by a Swedish author that unfortunately passed away after he wrote the 3rd book. From what i've looked up this book is HUGE in Europe.. I think it's Americas present equivalent of Twilight.. although it's NOTHING like Twilight. I couldn't put this book down and when I did I just sat up for hours thinking about what would happen next and then have to pick it back up again. The book is kind of dark and a little racy (spelling?!) at times though.
Brief summary: Swedish journalist is working on a crime investigation that happened 40 years ago and expert computer hacker (Girl with the dragon tattoo) is hired to help him solve a case that nobody else could.
And guess what! It's a movie (they still speak Swedish in it, but what are subtitles for?) at Redbox (In Europe it got a rating of A- so it must be good.. you know how critics are..) and I'm going to pick it up on the way home from work for movie night with my hubby tonight! : )

2 comments:

  1. You know....they are making the movie here in the US right this very minute. Shia LaBeough's gf Carey Mulligan is the part of the girl with the dragon tattoo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had no idea! I'm glad you told me!! We watched the Swedish version last night. It was really good. But it was still pretty hard to follow trying to read and watch at the same time! : )

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...